2019 Performance Reviews
2019 Performance Reviews
The annual performance review process for classified, non-classified and some FE/AP employees will begin on May 20, 2019. The employee pre-review will become available for employees to complete and submit to their supervisor on May 20, 2019, and will remain open through June 2, 2019.
Employees hired prior to April 1, 2019, will be eligible for a performance review and will receive an email with a link to the pre-review on May 20. The pre-review is the first step in the process of the WVU annual performance review and provides feedback information to the supervisor prior to their completion of the performance review. Employees have ten business days to complete and submit the pre-review within the electronic system. Employees will have open access to the pre-review until June 2, 2019. Once the pre-review has been submitted it cannot be retracted nor can changes be made.
Important Information to Know:
May 20, 2019 – eligible employees hired before April 1, 2019, will receive an
email to their WVU email account announcing that it is time to begin the pre-review
process. This email will contain a link to the pre-review in the electronic
system. Employees will need their WVU log-in information to access the pre-review.
You also will need to have Duo two-factor authentication on your desktop, phone
or other electronic device to access the performance review system. For additional
information regarding Duo two-factor authentication, visit https://wvu.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/KB/ArticleDet?ID=44017.
If you need access to the pre-review outside of your email, copy this website https://wvu.bluera.com/wvu and paste it into the URL address field using either the Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser. This will take you to the sign-in page. Once you have signed in to the system using your WVU credentials, you will be directed to the Dashboard. Once there, click on "Complete questionnaire" under "Tasks" to complete the pre-review process. This will be at the top of the screen.
- The pre-review is optional but strongly recommended.
- Employees will have until June 2, 2019, to complete the pre-review and submit it electronically to their supervisor.
- May 20, 2019 – Employee pre-review opens; supervisors have access to begin performance evaluation utilizing pre-review feedback.
- June 2, 2019 – Employee pre-review closes.
- May 20 – June 30, 2019 – Reviews will open for first-level supervisors to complete; second-level supervisors may sign-off during this time if in agreement with the employee review.
- June 30, 2019 – The review tool will close to first-level supervisors; all reviews must be completed by this date.
- May 20 – July 7, 2019 – Second-level supervisors review the performance evaluation, sign or return the reviews to the first-level supervisors for modifications.
- July 8, 2019 – All reviews are locked for editing; Employee Relations compiles analytical data for executive level review.
- July 11, 2019 – Employee Relations provides analytic reports to vice president/dean levels for review and approval and/or modifications.
- July 23, 2019 – Vice presidents/deans complete their review process and authorize the final ratings.
- September 3, 2019 – Supervisors can conduct employee review meetings; allow 10-business days for employees to review their performance review and provide comments. The 10-business-day comment period will begin after the employee has received either the email with the link to the comments page or accessed the comment page on their performance review dashboard.
- All reviews are considered final 15-business days after the employee has received the performance review from their supervisor.
ALL annual reviews will be required to be submitted through the electronic process.
Additional information regarding the review forms and process will be highlighted in the above listed training sessions.
All newly hired (after April 1, 2019) classified and non-classified staff who are still in their probationary period should use the current form and process. Contact EmployeeRelations@mail.wvu.edu for the appropriate review forms.