Staff Development Opportunities
Staff Development and Training
Each workshop will focus on specific objectives and will provide opportunities to network with others across the university. . If you have any questions about whether a class is right for you, give us a call at (304) 293-7217, we'll be happy to help. Below is a list of courses including descriptions, that will be offered during the upcoming year:
Staff Development series
Managing Up- Staff VersionManaging Up offers principles, practices, and tools to help you build productive relationships with your bosses and increase your power and influence with them. Specifically, you will learn how to:
- Build trust with powerful people
- Clarify your boss’s expectations for you
- Give and receive actionable feedback
- Establish appropriate boundaries
- Provide briefings that enhance communication and performance
Challenge of Change
Life can be difficult, change is relentless, and problems are becoming more complex than ever. To survive and thrive in this constantly changing environment, we must learn new ways to adapt. This interactive session will explore the mindsets and behaviors associated with resilient and adaptive responses to change.
Learning Outcomes: By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Practice adaptive responses to challenges and problems;
- Nurture effective relationships in times of change; and
- Employ strategies that cultivate growth in tough times.