Remote Work Information
Telecommuting Agreements for Remote and Hybrid Staff
Employee Work Status Definitions
- Remote Work Schedule – Employees work remotely at all times. However, these employees occasionally may be on-site for a meeting or to attend a University function or event. A remote worker typically will not maintain a designated physical office or cubicle space on campus.
- Hybrid Work Schedule – Employees work on-site for a specified number of days each week on a regular schedule. The scheduled days the employee works on-site may vary from week to week.
- On-site Work Schedule – Employees work on-site at a WVU campus or location in a dedicated workspace on a regular schedule.
- Remote Work Schedule – The faculty member works exclusively in a remote capacity and does not routinely visit campus for any teaching, service or research purposes as part of their workload plan.
- On-site Work Schedule – The faculty member is on campus with some frequency for teaching, service or research purposes. However, the faculty member’s schedule for being on campus may vary from week to week.
Important Information to Know:
- An employee’s Telecommuting Agreement will automatically renew on July 1 each year and will be effective July 1 through June 30 of the following year unless a supervisor requests a change in work status. Changes in an employee’s work status could include:
- The employee moves from a Remote to Hybrid or On-site work schedule.
- The employee moves from a Hybrid to Remote or Onsite work schedule.
- The employee moves from an On-site to Hybrid or Remote work schedule.
- Employees in a remote or hybrid work status will be required to complete the Telecommuting Agreement. If they have not already done so, remote and hybrid employees should meet with their supervisor to discuss specific details related to their schedule prior to completing their agreement.
- Once employees have signed and submitted their Telecommuting Agreement, it will be routed to their first- and second-level supervisors for final approval. Employees will be able to view/print their final agreement within the Blue system after all signatures are received.
- Although remote and hybrid employees are not required to sign a Telecommuting Agreement each year, Employee Relations encourages these employees to visit Blue OR to review the language in the appropriate Telecommuting Agreement option below to familiarize themselves with the agreement.
View the Most Appropriate Sample Telecommuting Agreement Below:
Research Corp Non-Exempt Telecommuting Agreement for Hybrid or Remote Workers in WV PA MD OH KY and VA
Visit the Return to Campus website for more information. Contact your HR partner with any general questions. If you have questions related to the Applaud or Blue systems, contact WVU Shared Services at 304-293-6006 or SharedServices@mail.wvu.edu .