Remote Work Information
Telecommuting Agreements for Remote and Hybrid Staff
Employee Work Status Definitions:
- Remote Work Schedule - Employees will work remotely at all times. However, these employees occasionally may be on-site for a meeting or to attend a University function or event. A remote worker typically will not maintain a designated physical office or cubicle space on campus.
- Hybrid Work Schedule - Employees will work on-site for a specified number of days each week on a regular schedule. The scheduled days the employee works on-site may vary from week to week.
- On-site Work Schedule - Employees will work on-site at a WVU campus or location in a dedicated workspace on a regular schedule.
- If they have not already done so, remote and hybrid employees should meet with their supervisor to discuss specific details related to their schedule prior to completing their agreement.
- Once employees have signed and submitted their Telecommuting Agreement, it will be routed to their first- and second-level supervisors for final approval. Employees will be able to view/print their final agreement within the Blue system after all signatures are received.
- Telecommuting Agreements will be effective July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2022 (or at such time that there are changes to an employee’s job status or position that may require a different work arrangement).
|June 14, 2021||The University will begin rolling out updated Telecommuting Agreements. WVU
staff employees who will continue to work in either a remote or hybrid
capacity on or after July 1 will receive an email from Employee Relations
with instructions to complete their Telecommuting Agreement in the
Blue system — the same platform used for the annual performance
review process for staff.
|June 23, 2021||All remote or hybrid staff must complete their Telecommuting Agreements in the Blue system. Click here to preview the Telecommuting Schedule.|
|July 2, 2021||Supervisors must approve Telecommuting Agreements for their direct reports.|
View the Most Appropriate Sample Telecommuting Agreement Below:
WVU Non-Exempt Telecommuting Agreement for Hybrid or Remote Workers in WV, PA, MD, OH, KY, and VA
WVU Exempt Telecommuting Agreement for Hybrid or Remote Workers in WV, PA, MD, OH, KY, and VA
WVU Remote Worker Agreement for Non-Exempt Workers outside contiguous states
WVU Remote Worker Agreement for Exempt Workers outside contiguous states
Visit the Return to Campus website for more information. Contact your HR partner with any general questions. If you have questions related to the Applaud or Blue systems, contact WVU Shared Services at 304-293-6006 or SharedServices@mail.wvu.edu.