The Compensation Administration unit is responsible for the administration of compensation programs for all non-faculty employees at West Virginia University and all regional campuses. Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain a uniform system of classification at WVU main and regional campuses.
- Develop and maintain a competitive salary structure for classified and nonclassified positions.
- Respond to inquiries and advise on applicable pay policies, laws, and regulations that impact compensation.
- Identify appropriate category for new positions.
- Ensure new positions and organization changes are set up in Oracle (MAP).
- Monitor pay action requests for compliance with established pay programs and applicable laws.
- Provide consultation to clients on proactive pay strategies and problem solving.