Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
At WVU, we value our diverse workforce and are proud of our inclusive community of faculty, staff and students. The Talent Strategy unit manages the Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action responsibilities related to employment equity. This oversight includes compliance with regard to search, recruitment and hiring practices, coordination and administration of WVU’s affirmative action plan, and development and implementation of outreach strategies.
We strive daily to foster an environment where all are able to pursue their goals and aspirations. As part of this continuing commitment, WVU places a strong emphasis on ensuring equitable employment strategies, and increasing awareness of employment opportunities among the University, local and regional communities. Specific outreach initiatives include the following:
- Career Consultation
- General Interviews
- Specialized Hiring Events
- Community Engagement
- Dedicated Mentorships
Find information about our upcoming community outreach events and opportunities.
- Mar1 All Day Accepting applications to win cash & prizes at WVU's IDEA Hub Demo Day
- Mar2812:00 PM - 1:00 PMRecognition Speaks
- Mar30 All Day Spring Holiday
- Apr71:00 PM - 5:30 PMLatin Festival
- Apr108:00 AM - 12:00 PMSupervisor Solutions Topic II: Leading Self and Teams
- Apr118:30 AM - 4:30 PMMBI Training
WVU invites protected veterans and persons with disabilities to self identify.
equal opportunity resources
Find additional information and resources about EOAA.
get in touch.
Contact our office any time with questions or concerns.