Building Trust while motivating Your Team
In addition to low productivity, low morale causes poor working relationships, poor use of resources, poor health, stress, and many other issues. It’s truly a workplace epidemic!
Our Leading Through Change workshop will give you the tools you need to help your team overcome obstacles and optimize their morale, regardless of the workplace challenges, concerns, and frustrations they face.
This half-day course is taught by an outside consultant JD Williams. To learn more about JD you can visit his website at: https://www.jdwtraining.com/about-us.
- Understand the relationship between high morale and high productivity.
- Assess employee satisfaction in your organization, department or team.
- Communicate in a way that will assist you in improving your workplace environment.
- Use creative leadership approaches to create a motivated team.
- Lead in a way that causes your team to grow in trust and accountability to each other.
- Shift the team’s focus from unrealized fears to the common goal and mission.
- Use the NORMS approach to replace negative workplace behaviors with positive actions.
- Utilize emotional intelligence strategies to reduce conflict and quell anxiety.
Leadership and Influence
- Understand emotional intelligence and its relationship to leadership and influence.
- Assess and manage your emotional intelligence.
- Assess and manage your beliefs.
- Assess and manage your emotions.
- Assess and manage your relationships.
Next session is TBD
Leading Teams and TRANSFORMING Culture
Examine the fundamental aspects of the supervisor’s role in leading the development of the organization’s culture
In the session, we examine the fundamental aspects of the supervisor’s role in leading the development of the organization’s culture. Participants will relate how emotional intelligence influences their capacity to lead and develop others and understand how the dynamics of a team have an impact on the overall culture of an organization.
- Review the fundamentals discussed in “Introduction to Coaching” and “Leading Self and Teams”.
- Define and discuss what strategic leadership is at WVU.
- Discuss strategies for identifying and developing crucial networks.
- Consider internal and external factors on strategic planning and execution
- Apply and practice coaching techniques that create clear expectations for effective work groups.
Coaching for results: Managing Disruptive Employee Behavior
When it comes to supervision and management, there is nothing more frustrating than
dealing with an employee’s disruptive behavior or chronically poor performance.
When faced with these types of challenges, many managers repeat the same failed
approaches: they expect the situation to correct itself or they hope the employee
will move on to other employment.
Get things back on track by learning research-based approaches that will increase your chances of success. This program offers principles, strategies and tools to help you manage difficult problems through coaching and performance counseling.
By the end of the training, you will be better able to:
- Maintain a leadership orientation that supports employee growth and performance improvement;
- Prevent employee performance problems before they happen;
- Establish boundaries that curtail disrespectful behavior;
- Conduct conversations that address performance problems in productive ways; and
- Create action plans that promote accountability and successful change.
Introduction to Coaching
Develop strong practices around coaching, setting performance expectations and goal setting.
- Demonstrate understanding of Emotional Intelligence and how it impacts coaching.
- Define and discuss various ways to coach employees.
- Develop coaching skills around the preparation and delivery of a coaching conversation.
- Apply techniques that create clear, measurable and accountable goals for performance.
Leading Self and Teams
Learn the fundamental aspects of the supervisor’s role in leading, developing, and coaching effective work teams.
In the session, we examine the fundamental aspects of the supervisor’s role in leading, developing, and coaching effective work teams. We will be delving deeper into group dynamics, how to improve dysfunctional teams, and provide tools for providing recognition and coaching others. Learners will relate how emotional intelligence influences their capacity to lead and develop others.Learning Outcomes:
- Review the fundamentals discussed in “Introduction to Coaching” including Emotional Intelligence.
- Demonstrate understanding of establishing effective team dynamics and how it impacts coaching.
- Define and discuss various ways to coach and lead different types employees.
- Apply and practice techniques that create clear expectations for effective work groups, recognition, and communication skills among teams.
View All Testimonials