Onboarding Best Practices
Come learn about how using the New Employee Onboarding Toolkit can help you and your new employees get the most out of the onboarding experience. This course is an hour in length.
As a participant, you will learn what others have done, what worked and what did
not work, and be encouraged to share your own practices, ideas, and initiatives.
- Discuss the importance of- and impact of- onboarding.
- Distinguish their role as a manager in the onboarding process.
- Learn to utilize the Supervisor’s Guide for welcoming new staff.
Recognition Best Practices
- Why recognition is important and how it relates to employee engagement;
- Unique and easy tips for recognizing different groups of employees;
- Shared practices around the University;
- Demo of usability of Go Beyond on a mobile device
Empowering Employee Development
Increasing employee engagement and motivation can start by giving your employees a voice in their own development. When leaders invest in their employee’s development it can improve retention, encourage talent planning and engage employees in discussions about career pathways.
The purpose of this panel discussion is to align strategy with a vision for your employees’ development that will build trusting relationships and increase engagement.
Participants will listen to best practices from panelists that include:
- Vicki Smith
- Understand the importance of employee engagement;
- Discuss how to create an individual development plan;
- Learn about best practices for nurturing growth in employee’s development.