Upward Feedback 2019 Results
- The Upward Feedback process rolled out to all staff employees across the WVU System in January 2019.
- Employees had two weeks to respond.
- Participation was not required; however, it was strongly encouraged.
- All responses are anonymous and confidential.
- The 2019 Upward Feedback process had a 44% overall response rate.
- Based on responses to the survey, the 12 Upward Feedback statements were ranked from highest to lowest scoring. Gold indicates the highest-scoring behaviors among supervisors; blue indicates the lowest-scoring supervisor behaviors.
2019 OVERALL RESULTS
2019 HIGHEST-SCORING RESULTS
2019 LOWEST-SCORING RESULTS
- The 2019 Upward Feedback responses are consistent with recent WVU Culture Survey results.
- The highest-scoring behaviors align with a strong "Sense of Pride" among University employees as well as "High Expectations for Performance."
- The lowest-scoring results indicate that "Coaching and Feedback" remains an opportunity for supervisors.
- Talent and Culture is developing targeted training and development programs that address the lowest-scoring results.
- In future years, supervisors with a designated number of direct reports/survey responses will receive a summary of the results within their specific area.
View the downloadable version of the 2019 Upward Feedback results.