WVU is committed to attracting, hiring, and retaining highly qualified candidates who are motivated, skilled and passionate about the work they perform. Motivation-Based Interviewing (MBI) is a simple, yet highly effective interviewing method for identifying High Performers. It assesses skill, attitude and passion of the candidate.
Supervisors are encouraged to attend MBI training, where they will learn to:
- Understand, identify, and hire high performers
- Assess attitude, motivation, passion and career fit
- Determine locus of control and skill level
- Write great MBI interview questions and scoring techniques
- Utilize MBI tools and resources for future searches
Talent and Culture schedules MBI training sessions regularly. Watch this page for the next MBI training announcement!