WVU is committed to attracting, hiring, and retaining highly qualified candidates who are motivated, skilled and passionate about the work they perform. Motivation-Based Interviewing (MBI) is a simple, yet highly effective interviewing method for identifying High Performers. It assesses skill, attitude and passion of the candidate.
Supervisors are encouraged to attend MBI training, where they will learn to:
- Understand, identify, and hire high performers
- Assess attitude, motivation, passion and career fit
- Determine locus of control and skill level
- Write great MBI interview questions and scoring techniques
- Utilize MBI tools and resources for future searches
2019 Training Dates coming soon.
To effectively implement MBI, it is required that participants attend the entire program. Lunch will be provided. Please email Donna Bulger at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Note - Once registrations are finalized Talent Strategy is required to pay for lunch regardless of whether or not you attend. If necessary, cancellations must be received no later than 72-hours prior to the training session. Should you fail to cancel your registration by this time or arrange for a substitute, you may be charged for the cost of the lunch.