Delta Dental Plans Available
Eligible employees may cover your eligible dependent children to age 26, and spouses.
The Routine Plan is a discounted plan designed to cover diagnostic and preventive services only.
The Assistance plan is a discounted open network, managed-cost dental plan that allows employees the freedom to choose any dentist for treatment, but they receive the greatest benefits when they visit a Delta Dental participating dentist.
The Basic Plan is a low-cost plan designed to cover preventive and basic service only.
The Enhanced Plan is the most comprehensive coverage offered with this program and covers preventative, basic and major restorative, orthodontic and TMJ services.
How to Obtain Services
With Delta Dental you have completed freedom of choice in selecting a dentist. You can choose a dentist from the Delta Dental Premiere or Delta Dental PPO networks, or a dentist who does not participate in either network. Your choice of dentist can determine your cost savings.
Non-participating dentists do not contract with Delta Dental to limit their costs. For services received from non-participating dentists, you may be responsible for these dentists’ total charges without limit by Delta Dental, including applicable copayments and deductibles. Delta Dental will reimburse you for its portion of the PPO allowed amount.
To obtain Delta Dental (WVU Group # 1058WV) benefits, call a Delta Dental member dentist, identify yourself as a Delta Dental patient and make an appointment. The dentist office will verify the patient’s eligibility and plan coverage and obtain authorization from Dental Dental. If going to a non-participating dentist, employees should obtain a claim form to take with them. When using a non-participating dentist, employees usually have to pay dentist in full.
Delta Dental Resources
- Delta Dental Contact Information
- Mountaineer Flexible Benefits Reference Guide
- Delta Dental Claim Form
Note: Delta Dental does not mail ID cards to participants.
Most Delta Network dentists will verify participants using Social Security Numbers. However, you may print ID cards from Delta Dental’s website if you wish.
How to Print your ID Card
- Go to www.deltadentalins.com
- Log into Online Services with your username and password. (If you don’t already have a username or password, click “Register Today” to complete the quick registration process.)
- Once you’ve logged in, click the “Eligibility & Benefits” tab.
- Select “Print ID Card” on the left-hand side of the page. (If you do not see this option, in some instances you may also need to click on the “Eligibility & Benefits” link on the left-hand side of the page before you have the option to select “Print an ID Card.”
- Click “Print.”