Dependent Education Scholarship
To help even more members of the West Virginia University family realize the benefits
of a WVU education, the University is excited to announce the Dependent Education
Scholarship, beginning in the fall 2018 semester.
Out-of-state undergraduate dependent children under age 26 may be eligible for up to the difference in in-state and out-of-state university tuition for a maximum of four years.
In-state undergraduate dependent children under age 26 may be eligible for up to $1,650 per academic year ($825 per semester) for a maximum of four years and with a maximum lifetime benefit of $6,600.
- Academic terms covered include fall, spring and summer.
- Only one application is required per academic year.
- Some tuition benefits may be subject to taxation. If you have questions about the tax treatment of benefits provided, please contact your personal tax consultant. Additional information about educational assistance programs in general is available in IRS Publication 970.
- Dependent children of WVU, WVU Research Corporation and University Innovation Corporation benefits-eligible employees who are enrolled as full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate students.
- Dependent children must be under age 26 and certified as a dependent in accordance with health insurance plan guidelines. If the dependent is not enrolled on the employee's health insurance, he/she will be asked to submit documentation to verify eligibility during application process.
- The student must maintain an overall or cumulative minimum 2.75 GPA.
- The student must be enrolled at WVU Morgantown, WVU Keyser or WVU Beckley.
- Graduating seniors requiring less than full-time but at least half-time status the semester before graduation are eligible.
Parent Employee Eligibility
- There is no employee length-of-service requirement.
- Employee must be benefits-eligible.
Special Note: The WVU Dependent Education Scholarship may not be
combined with the WVU Medicine Dependent Tuition benefit. However, the WVU Dependent
Education Scholarship may be coupled with the PROMISE Scholarship or other aid
up to cost of attendance.
Should a student meet eligibility requirements for a dependent education
scholarship from WVU, WVU Research Corporation and WVU Medicine, he/she should
apply for the scholarship that is most beneficial to him/her.
How to Apply
WVU Dependent Education Scholarship Application
Upcoming Application Deadlines:
Note: Only one application is required per academic year
May 1, 2018 - Fall 2018
November 1, 2018 - Spring 2019
April 1, 2019 - Summer 2019
May 1, 2019 - Fall 2019
Contact Benefits Administration at 304.293.5700x4 or