Skip to main content

Flexible Spending Accounts

Mountaineer Flexible Benefits offers WVU employees the opportunity to take advantage of Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), administered through  PayFlex

Learn more about PayFlex.

Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)

A Health Care FSA is used to pay for eligible medical expenses which aren’t covered by your insurance or other plan. These expenses can be incurred by you, your spouse, a qualifying child or relative. Your full annual contribution amount is available at the beginning of the plan year (July 1), so you don't have to wait for the money to accumulate.

The Health Care FSA is administered by  PayFlex.

To find a full list of eligible medical expenses, visit  PayFlex eligible health care expenses.

PayFlex FSA Welcome Letter

PayFlex FSA Quick Reference Guide

PayFlex FSA Claim Form

If you have discarded or lost your PayFlex Card, please contact PayFlex at 1-844-729-3539.

Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)

The Dependent Care FSA is a great way to pay for eligible dependent care expenses such as after school care, baby-sitting fees, elder care services, nursery and preschool. Eligible dependents include your qualifying child, spouse and/or relative.  Coverage extends to age 13, unless disabled.

Once you have paid for (and received) a dependent care service, submit a claim to PayFlex.   

1. Complete the PayFlex FSA Claim Form.

2. Attach documentation showing the following:

  • Provider Name
  • Dates of Service
  • Service Description
  • Amount
  • Dependent Name & Age

Payment is sent by direct deposit or check.

IRS Contribution Limits

The IRS establishes annual contribution limits for flexible spending accounts.

IRS Contribution Limits

FSA Resources

Mountaineer Flexible Benefits Reference Guide

PayFlex Website