TIAA Student Loan Forgiveness Program
DEALING WITH STUDENT DEBT?
TIAA and Savi can help.
Introducing a student loan solution from TIAA.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) is a federal program designed to reduce the burden of student loan debt for people who work in public service. West Virginia University is considered a public service employer for the purposes of these programs.
Simply put, PSLF pairs the immediate relief of an
income-driven repayment plan (to make your monthly payments affordable) with
the longer-term relief of loan forgiveness.
TIAA has joined forces with Savi, a social
impact technology company, to help WVU employees
benefit from forgiveness programs like PSLF. The service helps eligible
borrowers to understand their choices, lower their monthly payments, and enroll
in a forgiveness program.
You may know TIAA through the WVU retirement plans. While it’s true we want to help you retire successfully someday, we know that retiring your student debt may be a more immediate concern.
TIAA has joined forces with Savi, a company created to help you navigate the complexities of federal income-based repayment plans and loan forgiveness programs designed for employees like you who work in higher education.
You may be able to lower your monthly student loan payments and work toward loan forgiveness.
Benefits-eligible employees of West Virginia University, including the Keyser and Beckley campuses have access to Savi's two tiers of service that are simple, smart and helpful:
- Free Student Loan Checkup: Quickly see your unique repayment plan options and potential savings upon entering your personal information into Savi's tool.
- Savi Essential Service: Track payments toward forgiveness and get convenient efiling, on-on-one assistance, reminders and more for a small fee.
- The optimal repayment plan and your estimated monthly savings; and
- Whether you qualify for a forgiveness plan, how much could be forgiven and when.
- Social Security number;
- The first page of your most recent tax return or tax transcript; You can request
a copy of a tax transcript in about 5 minutes by visiting
- Logins to any loan servicers.