The Wellness Center
Through an agreement with WVU Medicine in 2016, all WVU employees and their immediate family members have access to The Wellness Center of the WVU Health Sciences Campus.
The Wellness Center offers some of the following benefits to WVU employee and their immediate family members:
- Monthly Newsletter, Wellcare Monthly, that includes information on current programs and services, plus healthy living tips.
- Wellness Wire, a weekly wellness e-news.
- The ability to earn points, worth discounts off the cost of nominal fee, year-round programs and services such as Yoga, Zumba and Boomercise classes and wellness coaching.
- Participation in activities such as Ruby Runners, which meets every Wednesday at 5 p.m. at the Blanchette Rockefeller Neurosciences Institute (BRNI) lawn next to the Cancer Center.
- Participation in “Finding Wellness”, a free program that focuses on nutrition and exercise that meets once a week for six weeks at the WVU Medicine facility at the University Towne Center.
Sign up for Wellcare Monthly newsletter
The Wellness Center office is located in Room 8722 on the eighth floor of HSC South, very close to the elevators. Office hours are 8 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
The Fitness Center is located on the first floor of the Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center in the Health Sciences Center. The Fitness Center door is locked to prevent unauthorized access. You may obtain a key card by completing a brief orientation. To schedule an appointment, call 304-293-2520.